Welcome To SnowMS. Remember to also vote for the server every 12 hrs. Enjoy (:
Welcome To SnowMS. Remember to also vote for the server every 12 hrs. Enjoy (:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hired Merchants

Go down 
+5
Botanical
Mike
spejarn
OldSkool
Legendary
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Legendary
Legendary

Hired Merchants Empty
PostSubject: Hired Merchants   Hired Merchants Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 8:14 pm

Hey like the title says we should have hired merchants.
Im sure a lot of ppl have stuff to sell and dont want to spam S> their item.
Back to top Go down
OldSkool
OldSkool

Hired Merchants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hired Merchants   Hired Merchants Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 6:12 pm

agreed hired merchants would be nice!
Back to top Go down
spejarn
Begginer

Hired Merchants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hired Merchants   Hired Merchants Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 8:04 pm

I guess hired merchants is pretty useless on a private server....
Back to top Go down
Legendary
Legendary

Hired Merchants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hired Merchants   Hired Merchants Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:27 pm

no its not what if you want a very nice scrolled equip and you failed with your scrolls you'd want to buy one.
Back to top Go down
OldSkool
OldSkool

Hired Merchants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hired Merchants   Hired Merchants Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 9:55 pm

Legendary wrote:
no its not what if you want a very nice scrolled equip and you failed with your scrolls you'd want to buy one.

very true very true.... also helps the economy Razz
Back to top Go down
Legendary
Legendary

Hired Merchants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hired Merchants   Hired Merchants Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 10:45 pm

plus if you want to sell an equip its better not to spam smegas and sell with hired merchants and hired merchants will make the server less laggy
Back to top Go down
Mike
Admin
Admin

Hired Merchants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hired Merchants   Hired Merchants Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 12:09 am

Smega's don't really lag the server. The lag on our server is only caused by some leak in the source so preventing smega's won't really help.

Hired merchants will be working once i get some other issues worked out. Like i said before on weekdays i have very little time to code.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gtop100.com/in.php?site=37448
OldSkool
OldSkool

Hired Merchants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hired Merchants   Hired Merchants Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 8:05 pm

Mike wrote:
Smega's don't really lag the server. The lag on our server is only caused by some leak in the source so preventing smega's won't really help.

Hired merchants will be working once i get some other issues worked out. Like i said before on weekdays i have very little time to code.
okeydokey take yur time to code!
Back to top Go down
Legendary
Legendary

Hired Merchants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hired Merchants   Hired Merchants Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 8:39 pm

Yea take ur time no rush
Back to top Go down
OldSkool
OldSkool

Hired Merchants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hired Merchants   Hired Merchants Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 1:47 am

well maybe a bit Razz
Back to top Go down
Botanical

Hired Merchants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hired Merchants   Hired Merchants Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 11:47 am

hehe ^^

Hired merchants would be nice, but I think the mods should make a guide on what scrolls drop from what monster.

And maybe certain scrolls can be bought from fred or w/e XD
Back to top Go down
WonderWall

Hired Merchants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hired Merchants   Hired Merchants Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 12:22 pm

which mob drop which scroll is just checking mapletip/hiddenstreet and i totally agree with the some scrolls like 10% and some 60% so ppl can scroll instead of hunting 3 hours for 1 scroll
Back to top Go down
Mick
Admin
Admin
Mick

Hired Merchants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hired Merchants   Hired Merchants Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 4:37 am

WonderWall wrote:
which mob drop which scroll is just checking mapletip/hiddenstreet and i totally agree with the some scrolls like 10% and some 60% so ppl can scroll instead of hunting 3 hours for 1 scroll

If scrolls are added to a vendor it basically makes it so you will never be able to sell scrolls you find for a good profit.
Back to top Go down
WonderWall

Hired Merchants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hired Merchants   Hired Merchants Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 2:41 pm

Mick wrote:
WonderWall wrote:

If scrolls are added to a vendor it basically makes it so you will never be able to sell scrolls you find for a good profit.

lawl you just sell the scrolled item instead of the scroll
Back to top Go down
Mick
Admin
Admin
Mick

Hired Merchants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hired Merchants   Hired Merchants Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 3:19 pm

It seems some people would rather scroll their own then pay for a scrolled one.
Back to top Go down
WonderWall

Hired Merchants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hired Merchants   Hired Merchants Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 3:28 pm

Mick wrote:

and the rest prefer to pay for a already scrolled 1 and you can still scroll your own
Back to top Go down
Botanical

Hired Merchants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hired Merchants   Hired Merchants Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:22 pm

WonderWall wrote:
Mick wrote:

and the rest prefer to pay for a already scrolled 1 and you can still scroll your own

In a way, maybe we can have a place to buy all the scrolls (AllInOne store or w/e) And still have merchants? o-o
Back to top Go down
Mick
Admin
Admin
Mick

Hired Merchants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hired Merchants   Hired Merchants Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:49 pm

Botanical wrote:
WonderWall wrote:
Mick wrote:

In a way, maybe we can have a place to buy all the scrolls (AllInOne store or w/e) And still have merchants? o-o

I don't see that working still though. There are some people that do make their messos off the scrolls they find. If there is an all-in-one store they wont be able to make as much messos off their scrolls.
Back to top Go down
Botanical

Hired Merchants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hired Merchants   Hired Merchants Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 1:17 pm

True, but we can make money from bosses or grinding f3 unless you guys add more mesos to boss/monster drops f3 Lol XD

Also, maybe scrolls should drop from bosses/certain monsters more often cause it will take ages to get scrolls f3
Back to top Go down
WonderWall

Hired Merchants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hired Merchants   Hired Merchants Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 3:36 pm

Mick wrote:
Botanical wrote:
WonderWall wrote:
Mick wrote:

I don't see that working still though. There are some people that do make their messos off the scrolls they find. If there is an all-in-one store they wont be able to make as much messos off their scrolls.

there we have it SOME while the rest of the ppl just sell their scrolled items and maybe they could get some scrolls out of it so ppl still can sell their scrolls
Back to top Go down
Mranderson
Mranderson

Hired Merchants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hired Merchants   Hired Merchants Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 7:02 pm

if there is a all in one with scrolls itll kinda suck cause then like theres no economy or anything wat soever
Back to top Go down
Mick
Admin
Admin
Mick

Hired Merchants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hired Merchants   Hired Merchants Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 1:15 am

Botanical wrote:
True, but we can make money from bosses or grinding f3 unless you guys add more mesos to boss/monster drops f3 Lol XD

Also, maybe scrolls should drop from bosses/certain monsters more often cause it will take ages to get scrolls f3

The problem with boss grinding is that there are classes that cant boss themselves. So the ones that can solo boss grind will end up better off then them.

WonderWall wrote:
there we have it SOME while the rest of the ppl just sell their scrolled items and maybe they could get some scrolls out of it so ppl still can sell their scrolls

Yes, but to be fair, it is a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. it seems that whatever is chose as a decision there is always someone that is unhappy. You have to think about the good of the server economy. If scrolls are not available via the scroll shop npc, that opens up a number of items that can be sold for profit.
Back to top Go down
link
link

Hired Merchants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hired Merchants   Hired Merchants Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 1:59 am

its called events
events = mesos
mesos = u being able to buy scrolls from noobs who hunt for them
Back to top Go down
Botanical

Hired Merchants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hired Merchants   Hired Merchants Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 1:45 pm

Meh, I think it would be a good idea actually =]

But make bosses at least drop a good amount of scrolls Lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mick
Admin
Admin
Mick

Hired Merchants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hired Merchants   Hired Merchants Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 12:29 am

Botanical wrote:
Meh, I think it would be a good idea actually =]

But make bosses at least drop a good amount of scrolls Lol Very Happy

I dunno, call me old fashioned, but I never liked servers where they handed everything to you on a silver platter anyways. I think this discussion about where scrolls drop and how often will be better once server is up and running. This way we have a little time to find out on our own how the drop rate seems to us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hired Merchants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hired Merchants   Hired Merchants Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hired Merchants
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: Comments & Feedbacks-
Jump to: